A little bit of Pooh Bear goes a very long way, we hope this makes you smile a little x
1) You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
Don’t get overwhelmed with the news, and it can create mega anxiety. Be informed, be aware but not alarmed. A positive mindset is always better for your health than a negative one, ask Eeyore. Pooh Bear isn’t the only one; increasing evidence suggests that positive affect may be especially beneficial for people in the midst of severe stress.
2. Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
Isolation has taught us so much; particularly in the western world. What we value, what we miss and what we need and don’t need is just a start. Our children are small, but their futures are big!
3. I wasn’t going to eat it; I was just going to taste it.
Nothing else needed here. Just pause and reflect. (too soon?)
4) A hug is always the right size.
Hugs, how important is human touch and contact? Never underestimate a hug until you can’t give one. Then never underestimate the ability it can have to turn from a gesture of love to a vehicle for a virus. Hang onto those hugs people, then when you can hug the stuffing out of people.
5) If you live to be a hundred, I hope I live to be a hundred minus one day, so that I never have to live a day without you.
Don’t spare a minute, if you are sorry; say sorry. If you miss someone; tell them. If you care, say it. If you think someone is wonderful; tell them. People are unique, every single one of them. Regrets are like honey pots you left on an ant nest.
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, ‘What about lunch?’
6) Governments, spokespeople- please keep it simple. Please don’t confuse us. KISS method works well always. Keeping it Simple is Sophisticated.
7) You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
Think outside the square and think for yourself, help a neighbour, a relative or someone you don’t even know. The most wonderful things can happen when you look outside your corner.
8) Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the Forest that was left out by mistake.
Think for yourself, friend, and be discerning. For you may journey into the territory of someone you are not supposed to, use your words carefully, for they are steps that may stumble onto another person’s heart. In times of global stress, our words in person and online can become breadcrumbs baked from the loaf of fear and frustration.
9) How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?
Pain is sometimes the price we pay for love and freedom. Because the magical thing is; love and freedom never die, they change postcode, they morph, hide, turn into a new feeling. The level can change intensity, but they do not die. Value freedom and love always, for when they increase, we appreciate them more than before. States of mind build the foundations of the heart.
10) With a little dash of Eyeore for good measure- They’re funny things accidents, you never have them until you have them.
Be safe, go gentle, be kind and be patient. A person’s humanity is only tested in times of trial and tribulation.
With thanks to the glorious works of A.A Milne and the illlustrations of E.H Shepard
Written by Kirsten Macdonald
Here at Ponderings, we have brought together the generational hits of the western world in a three-part series.
From the 1920s to the 2020s, from Blues, Jazz, swing, pop, rock, reggae, rap and everything in between, here at Ponderings we have brought together the generational hits of the western world in a three-part series.
How in the world do I domesticate and train my dog? Is my dog a genius?
Let’s dive into the history of our intelligent, globally superior favourite pet.
Subscribe For Updates & Offers
Support our mission to write and produce Positive Stortelling, it takes a tribe to build one.